Thunder Bay Classic 2016!
This weekend will have 4 competitions in 3 days.
- Pro strongman competition (Friday, Saturday and sunday)
- Womens division (Friday 6pm)
- Push/pull powerlifting competition (Saturday 10am)
- amateur/Beginner strongman (sunday 10am)
Athletes will compete in a 3 day show, with 2 events being held on each day. This contest is for athletes who have competed before, and are looking to take a step up to the next level. the weight options on certain events are to allow younger competitors to do some lifts, while allowing elite competitors to show their skills.
- Max axle clean and press (opening at 250lb, 25lb jumps)
19 inch deadlift - 700,850 or 1000lb for reps (lifter chooses weight, 1 rep with higher weight beats any reps with lower weight)
- Circus Dumbell for reps- head to head. 140 , 170 or 200lb for reps.
- Yoke Carry - 20ft course for max weight - opening at 600lb and in 100lb jumps
- Front Squat (likely barbell, with large tires on end) for reps. lifters choice of 330lb, 400lb or 460lb for reps. - This will be judged for depth, and must be sunk well below depth, anything that is even close will be a no lift.
- Max Timber Frame Carry - Arnold Classic Style - 20ft course opening at 600lb. no straps allowed.
Going into Day 3